-->

BOOK REVIEW | 100 Great Children's Picturebooks

Wow, I love this book...  It's like a potted history of picture books and illustrators over the last 100 years.  As I turn through the pages, I recognise so many of the styles and images.  The press release from the publisher says it's "a visual feast for nostalgics and fans of children's literature", and they are quite right.


This is not a book to share with a 0-4 year old, it's not a storybook, but it does tell a story.  I thought I could make a good guess at the rough period of time when a picture book illustration was published, but this book gave me some surprises.  I didn't realise how old some of my favourite illustrations are, for example the Moomins by Tove Jansson (1953), or Little Blue and Littl Yello by Leo Lionni (1959).


This is one of those books that I will keep coming back to, a feast for the eyes...



[Thanks to the publishers Laurence King for sending me this book[



For more story ideas and inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment