-->

Activities | The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The first post in a whole series of dedicated posts about activities to go with favourite picture book stories.

As The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is one of my favourites, we're starting with that!




I've read The Very Hungry Caterpillar to groups of children and adults many times, and we've tried lots of different activities and makes for families to take home and re-tell the story there.  Here are some of my favourite activities and experiences with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme, some of my own here:




old green socks and laminated caterpillar shapes for open-ended play
green and red duplo bricks
I and her Mum came up with this themselves
butterfly lolly stick puppet and colouring sheet
This is one I made based on an idea found on Pinterest from alljoinin.blogspot.co.uk

There are loads more ideas on my Pinterest board "Story Activities".

I've also found loads of great Very Hungry Caterpillar stuff on Teacher's Pet website here and here.

Here are some ideas from others that I really like:

from "canadian family" blog

from "enchanted schoolhouse" blog
from "tamsin north" blog
Borrow the book from your local library if you don't have a copy - it really is a classic with beautiful illustrations and interactive holes in the pages where the caterpillar has eaten through all the yummy food.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh we love this book! I will definitely share this :)

    ReplyDelete