-->

Rainbow Cafe | How do dinosaurs go to school?

We held our last Rainbow Story Cafe of the school year today.  Lots of the children are moving on to Infant and Primary schools, and lots of them are really interested in dinosaurs at the moment.  So, for this one I decided to combine school transitions and dinosaurs with the story "How do dinosaurs go to school?" by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.


We read the story, then in our family groups, we made some story props. Here's what we made:



  • Dinosaur eggs, bones and dinosaur stick puppets.
  • Name puzzles - a hummus or dip container with lid, child's name on the lid, letters of child's name on stickers stuck on to milk bottle lids.

 

The children loved playing with the big dinosaurs...


Here's my selection of dinosaur stories, I'm sure there are more but these are my favourites.



And my favourite selection of "Going to School" stories...




For more story ideas and inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment