So, it made me think about reading some stories about STORMY WEATHER...
Here's five books about stormy weather that I found on our shelves at the weekend.
Read on for details...
1. The Thingamabob by Il Sung Na - lovely illustrations, and what IS that thingamabob!
2. Elmer's Weather by David McKee - Elmer encounters all sorts of weather - a good short read for babies with lots to talk about on the pages
3. One Windy Wednesday by Phyllis Root & Helen Craig - funny story about all the farm animals getting their voices mixed up by the wind
4. The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins - it's a windy day and everyone loses something in the wind.
5. After the Storm by Nick Butterworth - Percy the Park Keeper clears up after the storm. And there's a beautiful fold out illustration of the oak tree with all the animals in it at the end of the book.
It's All About Stories is now on Facebook. "Like" the page to get news on blog posts plus more about stories, children's books, heuristic play with treasure baskets and which books we've been reading and buying. Click here to find It's All About Stories on Facebook.
Maybe today's weather will inspire you to read a different story...