Here are the books I chose:
- My Mum and Dad make me Laugh by Nick Sharratt - maths ideas with Mum and Dad, looking at patterns
- Papa, please get the moon for me by Eric Carle - Dad gets to the moon to try to bring it back for his little girl to play with - one of my favourite author / illustrators
- The Great Big Book of Families by Mary Hoffman and Ros Asquith - this is lovely, lots of pictures and simple words so you can talk about all different types of families
- My Dad if Brilliant by Nick Butterworth - illustrations of all the funny and amazing things a Dad can do...
- Cuddly Dudley by Jez Alborough - not strictly about a Dad but my childrens' Dad loved to read it to them!
And some "alternative" stories for Father's Day:
- Guess how much I love you by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram - Big Nutbrown Hare could be mum or dad or anyone close to Little Nutbrown Hare in this beautifully illustrated story.
- Tickle Monster by Paul Rogers and Jo Burroughes - for anyone whose little one loves being tickled - and great for Father's Day too.
- Clarice Bean My Uncle is a Hunkle by Lauren Child - I love Lauren Child's illustrations and this one is about her favourite uncle
Do you have any favourite stories for Father's Day that I haven't included here - I'm sure there are loads more...
For more story ideas and inspiration: