-->

Baa Baa Black Sheep | Book Review

Ladybird books kindly sent me this lovely book to review.



I love this...the little sheep you can see on the front of the book is a finger puppet that goes right through all the pages.  Each page has a different sized hole in it and as you turn the pages Baa Baa Black Sheep pokes his head through to say Hello.

The simple illustrations give us loads to talk about on every page - we can see sheep, birds, flowers, sacks of wool, trees and various other animals.  There are very few words on each page too - just the words from each line of the rhyme.  I like this in a book for babies - it's more important to talk about what we can see than to read lots of words.

The children loved to "be" Baa Baa Black Sheep. And I will definitely use this during Songtime as a prop for Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Thanks to Ladybird books for sending me this book to review.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment